Importing is a well known task using DIXF, but at times we do need to export as well and then import it back in AX 2012. The export task can be done with the help of this information.
- Change the company to CEU.
- In Data Import/Export Framework, click Common > Processing group, and then click New to create a new processing group.
- Set the group name to Export-Cust and add a description.
- Click Entities to select the entities to include in the processing group.
- In the Select entities for processing group form, click New, and then, for an entity name, select Customer.
- In the Source data format field, select the Microsoft Dynamics AX source data format that you created.
- Click the Select button, and then in the DMFCustomerTargetEntity form, on the Range tab, for Field, choose Created date and time, and for Criteria, enter > 9/1/2007, and then click OK.
- Close the Select entities for processing group form.
- In the Processing group form, select the Export-Cust group that you created, and click Get staging data.The Create a job ID for the staging data job form opens.
- By default, an ID for the job is generated. If needed, you can modify the ID and add a description. Click OK.The Staging data execution form opens.
- In the Staging data execution form, click Run.The Get data from source to staging form opens.
- In the Get data from source to staging form, click OK to run immediately.The source data is copied to the staging tables.
- In Data Import/Export Framework, click > Common > Processing group > Execution history, and then select the job that ran.
- Click View staging data.
- Review the staging data to validate that it matches the source.
- Click Validate all to verify that all the related reference data is correct and present in the system.